• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I can only vouch for the .22cal. At 28-30fpe it has a little bark to it. The Reflex moderator that comes on it actually slides down over the shroud about 1 1/2 to 2' before it starts screwing on to the adapter so the Reflex moderator is only partially used, I'd say about 3 maybe 4" of it. Mine did unscrew from the adapter that stayed screwed into the end of the shroud but I guess there's a chance it could unscrew from the shroud and leave the adapter up inside the moderator. Well not a chance.. I know it can happen!!. I built my own LDC and it's a lot quieter than the Reflex. Here's a couple of photos of what I'm talking about..
Jimmy

JKing, did you purchase yours from AOA? The adapter you show in the pictures looks identical to what I have on my Compatto. On the Compatto, the adapter is epoxied to the moderator and despite hearing it up with both a hair dryer and heat gun, cannot get it to separate. So essentially I cannot put on any other moderator on my Compatto unless by some miracle I can find the adapter online to purchase separately. It's so frustrating! And while I bought the Compatto from Penchetta rather than AOA, I'm pretty sure all Brococks come from AOA. 
At this point I'll ask them to not include the reflex moderator at all if possible since I suspect it was designed with 0.177 and 0.22 calibers in mind, not 0.25. If they say no, then I'm cancelling my order. 

Even when shrouds are glued to the barrel threads, you can usually remove them with a hair dryer. The heat releases the glue's grip without damaging the air gun. 

The Huntsman 25 is fairly loud. If you plan on plinking all afternoon and want to be considerate to your neighbors then I would plan on ordering something more substantial to control the noise. You might be fine for taking the occasional pest control shot though. 

I would say the same about pretty much any 25 cal. People say the Cricket is super quiet but IMO, the 25 is loud enough to annoy close neighbors if fired repeatedly for a period of time. 

If you you are looking for genuine stealth, a 22 is a more sensible option. I have 22 that I could shoot in my backyard without my neighbors heaing anything, as long as the pellet does not hit a hard backstop.

Zebra, I have several 0.22 rifles including the BSA R10 MK2, Brocock Compatto, AA S500, AirForce Condor SS, and Marauder pistol. I'm set with 0.22's. 

Reason for the 0.25 is for bigger game. I have a Marauder rifle in 0.25 and Walther Maximathor in 0.25, but both are long, heavy, and easier to shoot from a bench rather than being lightweight brush guns. 

As I stated earlier, I attempted the heating method but the grip area is very limited on the male-male shroud adapter which is epoxied to the base of the Huggett moderator. I didn't want to damage the moderator by using a strong vice which could bend the end-cap. And of course, once heated, very difficult to handle without burning myself in the process. 

dr_b, I did get mine from AOA. At first I didn't think it would unscrew but about a year ago I gave it just a tad more twist and it came right off. There was a member "Travels for Fun" that put a Huggett on his. He said it work extremely well but it came at a price. I think any good after market LDC would work well. It would have to be a custom job though if you wanted to keep it shorter by overlapping it some down the shroud. Here is one I used for a while but let it go with another gun. I had to make an adapter though.

Here's one I made that is a lot quieter than factory but then again longer even though it does slide over the shroud a ways.

So I was able to talk to the guys over at AOA this morning. Turns out that the issue I've been having with removing the Huggett moderator from the threaded adapter is nothing new. They suggested taking a blow torch to the metal pieces, drill some holes, etc to get the two metal pieces unstuck. Yeah, so that's not going to happen. So instead I ordered a separate threaded adapter for my Compatto which will allow me to place any LDC I want on there for $35.
I found out that Daystate bonds the moderator to the Regal at the factory with Loctite, not done by AOA. But apparently this can be "muscled" off as long as that threaded adapter ends up staying on the shroud and not inside the moderator. That being said, I opted to get the 0.22 cal version vs the 0.25 due to decreased noise levels and much higher shot count. Now comes the waiting game.

I bought the Compatto adapter from AOA. It's part #35 on the exploded view diagram of the Compatto found in the included manual. It cost me $35. I initially contacted Brocock in the U.K. and they also had it available for shipping for £18. I opted to go with AOA since I was bundling it with the gun shipment. Apparently they also have the same adapter for the Daystate if I need it.