• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

12ftlb or HO

hdrk1111 I can't speak to the R9, however I had a great HO Air Arms Prosport and changed to a lower f/lb vortex kit and the accuracy improved using 8.44 JSB's. Don't get me wrong, it was very accurate on HO (18 f/lbs) but more so at 14flb. .50" ten shot groups at 20 yards went to 3/8" and 1/4". It may all have been due to the difference in gun motion or a combination of factors, I don't know that answer. It was substantially easier to cock.
Will be interesting to see what your results will be. Keep us posted.

Ok, so I installed the Vortek parts kit. I removed any sharp edges and ploished the piston . Lubed it all up and put it back together as a 12ftlb. I think I rushed the cleaning of the air cylinder as I had a little bit of old residual grease come out of the transfer port. Cleaned the port and the bore several times. I put about 200 pellets through it . I did not have access to a chrony, but it did shoot considerably smoother and a lot more quiet than prior to installing the kit. Accuracy after the break in has been great with both JSB exact 8.44 and H&N FT 8.66 grain pellets shooting right at 1/2” 10 shot groups from 20yards. The groups were shot using my range bag as a rest. I will post again when I see what she is doing across a chrony. Thanks to of you who shared your experience in a effort to help me make a sound choice. It is all greatly appreciated.

thanks again,
Bob