• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

105-125gr Cowboy Bullet for Bulldog !

Anybody use a Cowboy soft lead bullet in there Bulldog, and if so do you use it lubed or unlubed ?----- I assume you resize it to .357 ?

My buddy just bought a Bulldog and I'm curious about if cowboy ammo will work .... it is way cheaper than cast airgun ammo for sure. It is mixed 20/1 so it should be fine and made for cowboy velocities, which are the same pretty much as a Bulldog !

Looking for your thoughts.

wll2506

I'm looking at Desparado Cowboy 125 gr 358... for shooting cans and busting bricks and stuff, why not if they stay in a minus 2.0" group at 50 yards ?---- for serious work I would use Nick's Pills for sure as I have had excellent luck with his swagged 25 cal 39gr slugs. !

Right now I don't own a Bulldog and my buddy just got his so I'm just looking at stuff and window shopping,

wll2506

In all honesty, I love my Bulldog, but it sprays any and all bullets like a shotgun pattern. It shoots jsb's very well out to 100 yards, but bullets are 2-4" at 30 yards. The Noslers are the only bullet that has shot ok and that isn't saying much. I only shoot the JSB's out of mine at 150fpe. I can't hunt anything bigger than coyotes, so the pellets are fine.

"ajshoots"In all honesty, I love my Bulldog, but it sprays any and all bullets like a shotgun pattern. It shoots jsb's very well out to 100 yards, but bullets are 2-4" at 30 yards. The Noslers are the only bullet that has shot ok and that isn't saying much. I only shoot the JSB's out of mine at 150fpe. I can't hunt anything bigger than coyotes, so the pellets are fine.
It is a shame Crosman could not have made the gun at least reasonably accurate. from most of the stuff i have read it is just barely minute of coyote accurate at 50 yards. For me using this gun for peg, that may be OK?

Almost everybody says the JSB is the most accurate and If I got one, that would probably be my pellet of choice although Neil's EPP might very well be better.

I could always change gears and go with a Sam Yang Recluse too ?

wll2506

"wll2506"
"ajshoots"In all honesty, I love my Bulldog, but it sprays any and all bullets like a shotgun pattern. It shoots jsb's very well out to 100 yards, but bullets are 2-4" at 30 yards. The Noslers are the only bullet that has shot ok and that isn't saying much. I only shoot the JSB's out of mine at 150fpe. I can't hunt anything bigger than coyotes, so the pellets are fine.
It is a shame Crosman could not have made the gun at least reasonably accurate. from most of the stuff i have read it is just barely minute of coyote accurate at 50 yards. For me using this gun for peg, that may be OK?

Almost everybody says the JSB is the most accurate and If I got one, that would probably be my pellet of choice although Neil's EPP might very well be better.

wll2506
Well since I wrote this lots have gone down for sure .. I have a Bulldog and it shoots 125gr .358-125rf darn good (In general) 1 inch at 50 yds. It shoots .358-105swc very, very good.

Working on the accuracy when I take gun apart to mod the valve opening and remove the valve spring to add another 50-70 fps !

wll2506

"wll2506"
"wll2506"

wll2506
Well since I wrote this lots have gone down for sure .. I have a Bulldog and it shoots 125gr .358-125rf darn good (In general) 1 inch at 50 yds. It shoots .358-105swc very, very good.

Working on the accuracy when I take gun apart to mod the valve opening and remove the valve spring to add another 50-70 fps !

wll2506

Let me know how the mods work I have been debating on doing the same

wll2506

Let me know how the mods work I have been debating on doing the same
I will, been working on the office and have not had a chance to work on gun ... I will do my best to work on it next week at the office. I want a couple of guys around that are handy if I make a mistake.

Guys say it is easy peezy .... but they have never seen my work ;- ) I really don't want to drill into someplace that ruins the gun, like I did on a Discovery valve a while back. That was just the valve ... on this gun, it ruins the frame ! I'm not afraid of opening up the barrel, it is the frame/valve port hole that has me worried.

I will tell you, If I can do it, then 99% of folks can do it ..... I'm pretty good at designing things, and I'm pretty bad at machining stuff. If the only thing I can do is remove the valve spring and feel the rest is out of my league, believe me, I will tell you. I'm very much hoping the assembly comes out easily without screws and pins falling out and what looks like a complicated trigger attachment system.

I'm also hoping it fits in my drill press vice OK ,,,, I will see !

wll2506