• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

10 Meter Standing And Kneeling Postal Match ** Week 10 **

Here's week #10 of the standing and kneeling postal match. Hone those skills for the forced lanes. Everyone is welcome to participate. 

There will be a category for scopes (any and all) and also a category for peep/iron sights. 

Jackets, gloves and slings are allowed. You can shoot the card in as many increments as you want. One shot per bullseye.

I suggest wad cutter pellets for cleaner (and bigger) holes and easier scoring. If you’re using dome pellets, be sure to push the pellet head into the hole for a more accurate (and better!) score. We’ll score up and not down. So for example, if any part of the pellet hole touches the next highest ring, you score it by that ring.

Honor system for scoring. This is really for fun, and a way to hopefully get one to practice the postions for the forced position lanes. 

Post a picture of your best card in one or more categories by the end of the match period (usually one week). I'll keep 4 (standing/scope, standing/peep, kneeling/scope and kneeling/peep) running tallies of the scores for the weeks match in the initial post.

This match ends Sunday, February 7th, 2021 at midnight EST.

Here’s the link for the target: https://www.craftygeek.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/A4_10m_Air_Rifle_Target.pdf 

Chas

Standing / Scope Standing / Peep

Matt 140 Slow Turtle 109

Leo 137

Chas 133

Gary 101

Kneeling / Scope 

Matt 144

Chas 142

BDEF3FB7-CD6A-4D80-B910-89762E5BC725.1612733349.jpeg
This sounds like fun. An absolute newbie here and haven’t competed in anything shooting related, so bear with me. I printed the target on 8.5X11” paper and the bullseyes are 1.660” across, hope that’s the right size?

Shooting with a scope, using my Crown MKII in .22 cal. using Crosman Premier Hollow Points. I don’t have a jacket, glover or a sling, just me! 

This was the best of 3

Nice shooting Matt, and thanks for pointing out the correct size. I just printed one and had it copied. Turns out the 1 ring on mine is 38.8 mm instead of 45.5mm. Maybe I’ll give this another go. I stopped for a bit cause I was messing up my routine. I think I’ll start the day with the target, then do holding drills later. I’ll tell you this, standers are the first to go as you age.

Greg

Nice shooting Matt, and thanks for pointing out the correct size. I just printed one and had it copied. Turns out the 1 ring on mine is 38.8 mm instead of 45.5mm. Maybe I’ll give this another go. I stopped for a bit cause I was messing up my routine. I think I’ll start the day with the target, then do holding drills later. I’ll tell you this, standers are the first to go as you age.

Greg

Hey great to hear from you, Greg! Yeah, 'turns out I was shooting at targets that were around 41mm. 39mm is small! LOL

I still aspire to shoot more like your level - you sharing your training tips was an eye-opener. I gotta be more diligent about following them, and strategies for performing highly despite time pressure and environmental/weather distractions. Having the house filled 24/7 with kids and spouse all the time doesn't help 😆 Or maybe it does??

Gary, welcome to the postal match. Slow Turtle, you're back in the saddle. 110 coming any card now!

Good stuff Matt. You've got the standing dialed in. Now with the bigger targets, it will only get better!

Greg.... holding drills. That sounds interesting. I can see how that could help. How long do you hold for?

Leo, you guys looked like eskimo's out there bundled up on Sunday! I'm looking forward to our standing match on the 28th.

I'll get week 11 posted today. 

Onwards!

Chas